I wish I knew what time it was in utah, or what day. . it is 10pm for us.
Bangkok is beyond anything I could have thought, nothing is familiar, even the air is thick and full of smells that you don't just smell you breath in.
We have seen some crazy stuff. (nothing too crazy, I mean, we feel safe) At one point a transvestite was guiding us through the streets.
Everyone has been so friendly in helping us, we made it to the train station and the train we wanted was full, so we took a double decker bus. And if it wasn't cold from the blaring AC is was uncomfortable and Andie and I used all our energy the entire 8 hours to not throw up. We didn't eat our lunch.
Honestly it has been a long awful day from hell.
When we got off the bus we both just wanted to be home, on our big comfy family room couch, with our food that doesn't smell, but the idea of turning around and making that journey home is unbearable.
Once we got into Chaing Mai we took a Tuk Tuk and around the city and the funny little driver would not give up until he found our hostel. SO, we are here. Andie is in the shower now, I'm all clean and it feels so good to just lay on our bed. Andie is top bunk and I'm bottom, we share the room with a cute Asian and a girl named Katrina from Slovania.
It is a happening little place here, all the backpackers are lounging around and supper friendly.
I haven't seen one backpaker boy who isn't ruggedly handsome, and we are already making friends, it is so wonderful.
And the town is definitely getting ready for a party, Andie and I walked to the 7-eleven to buy some tooth brushes and there are lanterns in all the tress, and fireworks going off all over.
Tomorrow will be wonderful, we are both feeling a ton better.
And if the giant rats don't eat us at night we will be fine.
Friday, November 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
giant rats? saweeeeet!
have you bought a giant knife yet? I think I will sleep better at night knowing you have one.
you better bring home a handsome rugged backpacker!
Kylee is it ok if I just go home with one of them?
Or do I have to bring him back?
Post a Comment