I wake up in the morning and I´m still here, it is the greatest thing.
We woke up this morning and took our clothes across the street to this little hut to be washed.
100 baht (like 3 bucks) for all our clothes to be clean.
I have been filling pages in my journal when I have a down moment. There is so much to take in, this culture is amazing, the people here are so so friendly, all of them. last night I started talking to a young Thai girl in the street and she gave me her number in case I get in any trouble and need help I can call her.
Sometimes we take life so seriously, worrying selfish things that we forget to reach out to others.
Before I went to bed last night I read back in my journal to entries before I left home. Writing about things that I was worried about, or just my every day thoughts, and it was almost laughable to think about any of that now. I have been too busy to think of home, I even loaded up that silly pocket PC with all the music I thought I would miss, and we have only been using it as a calculator.
It´s refreshing, it´s exciting.
I mean, I´m sitting in a hut right now, my shoes left at the door, the amazing Thai air all around me, and there is a dog at my feet.
And it is exactly what I wanted for myself when I was planning this adventure.
Our hostel shower, lockers and fan. . . . love that fan.
5 comments:
I'm so curious to read what your Mom is thinking!
I love reading about your adventures everyday. Sounds amazing--wish I was there!
PS... Happy Birthday tomorrow!!!
Dearest McKay, I am so happy that it is all as you had dreamed and imagined. HAPPY BIRTHDAY my beautiful girl.
I could not be happier that you have internet access. I'm loving reading these adventures as they are happening, sometimes it feels like I'm there with you....and sometimes I pretend like I am. Happy birthday!
Nat I thought of you yesterday, Andie is a mozzer, and can't walk in a straight line if there is something to look at. . I wish you were here to walk next to me.
juje- with you were here too.
Post a Comment