Wednesday, October 6, 2010

You float like a feather, in a beautiful world.

I sat there looking across the table at the 31 year-old divorced man, and considered how I came to be sitting across the table from a 31-year-old divorced man. He rambled on about how he hates crowds and the only time he ever hit anyone was on his mission, and I lost all desire in volunteering information about myself. And found myself focusing on how his hair moved as he talked. I counted my lucky stars that it was only two hours I had to spend with the guy.

I'll tell you right now, if I get to be 31 and divorced I will not continue to be in the dating world, I will leave the church and move somewhere where I can own my own small place in a Spanish culture, so I can force myself to learn Spanish, and I will be able to sing along with all the Enrique songs. . So, Mexico?

And I'm really not saying that to be funny, that's what I'm going to do.


But all week I've been listening to the song Creep by Radiohead, and maybe it is the rain, or maybe it is because I've been crazy, but music has been sounding clearer, more soulful this past while, and I know I'm not the only one who feels it because I've had three friends e-mail me songs this week. Maybe it's the fall weather.
I have been taking the long way home and wearing my headphones everywhere. (Scala and Kolacny Brothers do a cover on Creep and they are wonderful.)

But after my lovely time with this old divorced weird-o, I biked to Valor to the acoustic night and there was a kid there who played Creep, and I got all choked up it his voice was amazing. It must feel amazing to be good at singing or playing an instrument, it is no wonder people hold on to the dream of "going big" in a band.





Also, look what I came across today?
It's an old school airstream pulling a VW bus, just sitting there in a church parking lot in Pleasant Grove I started to sing to it when I saw it, I couldn't help it. . . . . . beautiful.

Purely and simply Beautiful. 

4 comments:

Whittron said...

what did you start to sing?

Nathan said...

Doesn't it kinda remind you of a Momma elephant and a baby elephant....and now I'm reminded of that youtube clip with the baby elephant sneezing...oh, now that would be funny to see a little VW van sneeze!

Riana Grace said...

Wasn't it a baby panda?

p.s.- that guy kind of looks like a nerdy version Joaquin Pheonix in that picture.

Nathan said...

Nope...elephant ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtIz1u8g1F0

Powered by Blogger.