Papa Clare has built this amazing chicken coop in the backyard, and during the day they open up the doors and the chickens just roam free, to do what every they want, eating bugs making all kinds of squawks and noises. Then night falls, and they all return to the coop to sleep, lay eggs in the morning, then leave the coop to roam again.
It is so brilliant, and I must build a chicken coop now.
Jam packed weekend of sleeping in a bed I thought I had said goodbye to forever, being BFFs with newly weds, Mama Joe's breakfast, kisses in the temple, watching another friend be married, sing-a-longs with the Giffords, Jana, Partying like it was 1982 with Juje's Brother and friends, being a little sister, pumpkin pie, and big ruby rings. . . . it was a great weekend.
But, I'm sorry, my favorite part of it was the farm. . . . . and those gad dang Chickens. . . .
I had never given much thought to almonds and how they grow, and it was a real treat to collect them, then peel back the fuzzy cover and crack the shell to eat the fresh treat.
They are so beautiful, the soft browns, pale greens, and how God gave them a little fuzzy jacket to protect them. Just another thing to write down on my on-going list of the the reasons I love beautiful red rock Hurricane.
Look at her beautiful little face, so sweet. . . . . So many kids at that house.
Later that night I found myself cuddling up to watch an outdoor movie under a persimmons tree, after making a tin foil dinner under the pistachio trees.
And then this morning before the drive home I stood next to the pomegranate trees with Papa Clare and taste tested the different pomegranates, right before he ran into the house to get me his pomegranate jelly he made himself for me.
Just bombarded with vibrant treats from Mother Nature.
I tell you, that house and that place is so great.
1 comments:
so glad you weren't too scared of the diseased married people to come. I love how much you love hurricane and how you're comfortable wherever you are. and how you still like those kids even though gavin betrayed you. and the kisses in the temple line cracked me right up. and you know you can still come down any time. mama jo will never stop feeding you. the end.
Post a Comment