Sunday, August 15, 2010

"Oh no, that was a cat in a bag"

"Romeo And Juliet Bet They Never Felt The Way We Felt"

Mark had to work and I was very sad when I heard that he wasn't coming, I love Mark. But it was so great to just be with my sister and cousin, it was a soul settling adventure.


We drove to Torrey (about a 3 hours south), on these amazing winding roads passing little hick towns on our way to Cafe Diablo. It was dusk as we pulled up and the little restaurant was surrounded by this green green grass and dim lights, right next to these amazing red rock cliffs, so welcoming.


 









We ate Rattle Snake, lamb, tamales, pickled veggie, a bunch of things that had us guessing, chocolate cake and cheese cake, two types of ice cream and cookies.
It took us three hours to eat, we ate outside with all the Europeans, scouting our boy selection.
And I can remember twice being embarrassed because I was laughing too loud. Whitney was out of control.





Camping that night, the stars were amazing. I will never tire of laying and watching them, every time I look up and notice the night sky I have a moment of awe, with out fail. . . . I woke up just as the sun was coming up and grabbed my camera and took some pictures in a sleepy stupor then feel back asleep. I had forgot about the pictures until later that day. Creepy.  .


Then we packed up and went to Capital Reef, we stopped to eat scones and cherry pie at place in the middle of the dark red canyon that had fruit orchards and green grass.



Capital Reef

Whitney threw me the keys and we took of on a drive up the canyon when Whitney says
"If we stay on this road we could go to goblin valley and then it would wrap around through price and we could get home that way"
So, that's what we did.

Windows open, with fresh southern Utah air, and music that was singing the words of my heart with the beat of the road. 

It was such a great drive, and if there is one thing better then a good long drive that is a good long loop, I love coming home on a different road. It was so great to drive on long stretches of amazing country and desert red rock. I looked down on a number of occasions and I was going over 100.
At one point I passed a sheriff going a little over 100 in a 65 and he didn't even care, I swore he tipped his hat to me as if to say "Today, is a day for driving, drive your heart out McKay"

We arrived in Goblin Valley, it has been on my 'to see' list for quite some time, and it was everything I taught, hoped, dreamed it would be. We went wild with the goblins. I want to go back and camp there.

Shoot, so amazing, these pictures just excite me. . . Whitney said I looked like a crazy gypsy, I just couldn't hide my enthusiasm.  And now that I can whistle real loud it makes me feel more connected with big open areas. (I spy Whitney in this first picture of me)


But the best part about the entire thing is that Whitney and Sara are just such awesome girls, who don't fit any molds of a typical girl, and they have a great sense of adventure and a carefree attitude, who are classy and level headed. It feels good to have a sister and a cousin in my world that are people who I enjoy being around and I just love.

The three of us someday will rule this world.

5 comments:

Whittron said...

joy ride of a life time.

Connie de said...

Sara loved it! It sounded fabulous. Thanks for taking her.

Sara said...

Yes. Thanks for taking me. And thanks for not posting the cat picture.

Whittron said...

It still needs to be posted

Li said...

My grandparents live down there (in Loa). Looks like an awesome trip!

Powered by Blogger.