"I LOVE LIFE, I DON"T GOT MUCH OF IT LEFT, BUT THAT DON"T BOTHER ME"
{Sorry, I refuse to spell Bologna that way, I will now spell it BALONEY}
So we went to Days Market to get some baloney and a fingernail file (for grandma).
Grandpa pushes the cart, we take our time.
Today Grandpa grabbed some ketchup randomly and threw it in the cart and said
"They don't ever make these bottles big enough."
ME- (laugh) "oh, you love Ketchup, my Dad told me you use to put it on your cereal in the morning"
GRANDPA- "I didn't either!"
ME- "Yes you did you put it on everything"
GRANDPA- "Eggs! I would put them on my eggs. thats what he was thinking."
SO, we got the baloney and nail file and ketchup, and then went for a drive all around his neighborhood, real slow and he told me who lived in all the houses. With a few "Now just between you and me. . " comments.
Later in the day I can't remember how it happened but my name came up and he said
"you know McKay?"
Me- "I am McKay"
GRANDPA- "Oh" (laughs) "well, put a sign on you!" . . . (under his breath) "it's a small world"
He is so wonderful, my little friend, he follows me around and I feed him snacks.
He told me he wants a trip to ireland, today, "just to see what it's like" so we might just get up and go.
4 comments:
Thanks for this.
I'm jealous, will you write down everything he says?? Maybe ask him about his life as a kid or something and have him tell you stories so we can know everything about him we can?
Yeah, I'm thinking it would be a great blog in itself.
. . . I'll keep you posted.
Great journey and experience!
Post a Comment