Sunday, June 19, 2011

Rainy Day

It's difficult to understand the sum of a person's life, Some people would tell you it's measured by the ones left behind, some believe it can be measured in faith, some say by love. Other folks say life has no meaning at all. Me I believe that you measure yourself by the people who measured them selfs by you. What i can tell you for sure i know that when he died, his eyes where closed and his heart was open.
-from the movie Bucket List. 

My Grandpa died this morning, somewhat sudden, and it added such a crazy twist to father's day. 
I will miss him, and am so grateful to the great example his life was to his family. I feel so lucky that I was his granddaughter, and dear friend.

6 comments:

Ky said...

Sorry to hear Mckay. I met your grandpa once, and I thought he was funny, just like you.

Whittron said...

Twas a rainy day indeed.

They both look so good in this picture, Grandma look stunning.

Savannah and Braden said...

I'm sorry to hear that Mckay!! Is this the grandpa you hung out with alot? He is darling! Hope you're doing ok!!

Amanda Jane said...

I'm so sad to hear this. Your Grandpa posts were some of my favorite ever. That's a great picture of you guys together.

Anonymous said...

How so very fitting he passed on a day just for him, as well as the same day his father passed in 1987. They are both sorely missed.

McKayJoice said...

Thank you all for your sweet comments.

Powered by Blogger.