June 18 2010. . . I woke up early and Bill flew me and Keenan to breakfast.
Did you just hear me? I freaken flew to breakfast!. . Who does that? It was so wonderful.
This was Bill's 2nd airplane he has owned, it's a little 4 passenger plane from Italy. So cute, so cozy.
We took off from this little air port with no air tower. We got all buckled in, and Bill called in on the radio to let the other planes know we where taking off . . and then, we were flying. . . just the 3 of us, it was so magic.
Then Bill says "ok, McKay you take the wheel" then after showing me some of the dials and knobs my "fake harizion" and shiz. . . . .he let go, and there I was, flying. I swayed it to the right and a little to the left and made sure I looked for birds.
And as we flew Bill would point out things, flying over the Sacramento Temple, and the newlcer power plant.
But the best of all is when Bill told us to look out the window to the right, to see Folsom Prison. . . . Shoot.
I don't know why I thought it was so great, I just have learned to love that Johnny Cash song- and there it was- dang ol' Folsom Prison. . . from the air.
We landed on another small runway that had a restaurant right on the runway. .
I had French toast with California orange slices. .
And we ate and watched the planes come in and out and talked about politics and stocks.
There was a group of elderly retired men who had all driven there in there old fixed up ford cars, to sit and joke and eat. . . very posh. So wonderful, and the morning breeze and colorful sun was perfect.
Then Bill picked up the check, and we got back in the plane and flew home.
The rest of the day Bill played Jonnhy Cash songs, mostly because I was singing them and he wanted to humor me. . Gotta love Bill.
The houses all around the little airport were rich people that had airplanes in their garages, Big garages with extra wide roads that connect to the runway.
What a life.
3 comments:
Oh wow! I am so jealous! We always say, "wouldn't that be so cool to have a little plane & you could just go eat anywhere any time you wanted..." it sure gives you a lot of options when you can leave the state. I am so happy that you got to experience that, I may need your autograph!
I love summer, everyone has fun trips to go on!
Jealous that you've flown a plane, you are steps and steps closer to becoming lara croft.
Lara Croft will be living at my house...How Fun!!!
Post a Comment