Sunday, May 23, 2010

LET THE GREAT EXPERIMENT BEGIN!!

"how often do you change your mind in one day?"- Joe Jeppson with a sarcastic, joking, snooty tone.

It is surprising that I did it, I made the final decision and moved back to Highland, and now I'm here.
OH! what am I doing?!

In my defense, relocating your life is a big deal. Moving away from logan, my life will be forever different now.
And I sat in my wonderful Logan room after it was all empty and let a tear fall down my cheek.


I drove around Logan slowly and listened to Lady Gaga and let the logan air fill my car before I headed out. Just dragging my feet, and had this slight haunting period where the demons of regret came through and it made it hard to breath.

But! I'm back, back to familiar Highland with it's unfamiliar busy streets and construction, and all my high school friends married, moved and reproducing. . how did this happen?

But it is just my sick and twisted personality that makes me feel like I can't miss out on anything and, like Freddie Mercury, "I WANT IT ALL!". So missing out on all the friends I have made the past two years and the good times to be had in the Logan summers is hard.

It feels very similar to when I was on my mission and hated leaving an area I had served in for so long, and grew so close to the people there only to go to a place where I didn't know one soul, not even my companion. I hated it, but at the same time I loved it. It is a time where you can hold on to all the good stuff about you and try to let go of all the bad. Fresh. New.  Makes me want to leave facebook, I hate that place.

BUT! onward, ever onward, . . .forward never backwards, upward never forward and always twirling to victory!

I moved in, unpacked and organized 90% of my shiz. Built a bed, washed my sheets, made my bed. . . it was a productive day.

And I'm looking forward to a lot of good times here-

This room was originally build for Whitney and I to share back in 1992, back with the 3-D wallpaper.
And now again, together at last with our double queen beds, hilarious.  Summer 2010, going to be WILD.
Oh man. . . what the hell am I thinking?

6 comments:

Whittron said...

Dad! Come tuck us in!!! and tell us a story!!!

McKayJoice said...

I am so mad at you

Whittron said...

that was the gayest comment I have ever left.

Rhiannon said...

Interesting! So what made you leave Logan? I thought you would stay there forever?! I'm glad you are close again... we'll have to come visit you one of these days.

Connie de said...

Whitney's bed is higher than yours...

Connie de said...

That's going to cause problems I'm pretty sure.

Powered by Blogger.