Aunt Dezzy walked threw the door dragging a huge back garbage bag and yells "I got some goodies" Then sat down on the couch, pulls out her kitting needles and proceeded to clean her toenails. . . And she just laughs and laughs when we give her weird looks.
My mom's side of the family is insane and you can only fully know RaVoe by getting to know her sister and mother, in contrast to what she says- the three of them are very alike.
"I deiced I need a "I don't give a shit" attitude" she said as she told me her new plan to wear pearls and become more like June Cleaver. She is packed full of good advice. . "if you bath a baby too much their bones get soft and they won't grow" - I didn't know that one.
And when Andie and I were bored Grandma gave us the BB gun and told us to go out and "shoot the cats". . . so we did, and Andie shot me in the back, and I shot her in the head. It was good fun.
But it really is so crazy to sit around late at night when Whitney and Andie and I are almost silent while Dezzy RaVoe and Grandma are laughing it up about farts, and Grandma cusses up a storm.
I love all her afghans, and her old pictures, treasures and bright red hair. She crochets like a mad woman, and I love the picture of her worn crochet hook. . . She really is the best, I love my crazy ol' grandma.
Dezzy, Grandma Eve, her sister Jackie (who lives up the road and the local grocery store orders in TAB just for her), and RaVoe.
Grandma's backyard.
Grandma's living room, consumed in afghans.

1 comments:
being consumed in afgans and fart jokes is the best. good weekend.
Post a Comment