Monday, May 31, 2010

100 Miles

 I went down to creepy ol' Utah Lake yesterday. There was a few Mexicans fishing in the marsh, some red-necks racing remote control cars, a motorcycle gang that I swear where on one large loop, some Indians doing something to a sign. . . and maybe 10-15 cars pulled over on the side of the road, all with one man in each car. 

Whitney said it would be a great place to open up a bar. . . she may be right.

But I was there to support my sister. Whitney entered a race a biking race, called 100 miles to the middle of nowhere! . . . everyone who singed up got a shirt in the mail, and yesterday morning took off racing- and they do it wherever they want. So all over the US people where biking 100 miles.

Strange, I don't feel like I explained it very well. . . But trust me, it is crazy. . .and it is just the thing that an Orton kid would love. Whitney choose to do a five mile loop down by the lake on the bike path there. . .  she was there for 8 freaken hours biking. .  Alone, alone with the lake creepers.

So I drove down and sat and took pictures of her as she would pass. Then take pictures of myself when she was gone. The sky was amazing, the clouds were so fluffy and the sky such a perfect blue. . .

When I was young I remember driving past Geneva Steel and asking my dad what it was. . . He told me it was a cloud factory "thats where they make the clouds" . . . . So it was quite perfect to be down there at the back side of Geneva and looking at that perfect sky. . . . Must have been a good day at work.

1 comments:

Marianne said...

We used to live by Geneva and I thought the same thing!

Powered by Blogger.