
. . . . a small bit of what I have learned
The eighth wonder of the world.
Angkor Wat
The biggest religious structure in the world. Decorated with detailed carvings that each tell a story. Miles and miles of carvings. . and steep stairs that when you climb up them you have to hunch over, watch your feet, symbolizing humility as you come closer to god.
It is a massive 15 miles in length and 7 miles wide, with over 100 temples in it.
They say the best way to see it all is to ride your bike.
And at sun rise and sun set the monks cover the temple to meditate/pray in these beautiful bright orange robes.
Some parts of the temples have been well cared for, while other parts have been over grown by the jungle. The roots of massive trees lift walls and pull apart windows.
To see this place at sunset would be magic.

2 comments:
I saw pictures of this yesterday, to ride your bike through it, and all of those huge branches- now that would be really really awesome.
merlins beard!!! I've never heard of this place!!! go already!!
Post a Comment