Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Upon Request

I feel like we are all done with thanksgiving. . . I've already decorated two trees and cuddled up to a warm fire with christmas songs on the record player (I have the best life)

BUT it tis true Whit. . . Thanksgiving was great and I should post a picture or two. . . maybe make a little list of the things i'm thankful for. . . . omg! lol ;)

Thanksgiving at the Orton house mostly consisted of a Game night the night before. And the only way I can capture what went on with game night. . . . . the only way you can understand is if you see the video that Kimmy Bahr took of Andie. We got news that John Jones was trapped in a 10 inch by 18 inch space in the nutty putty caves. . . and decided that if we could fit Andie under the 81/2 inch by 13 inch space that the kitchen barstool provided, John Jones would be fine. . . and so we forced Andie threw it.. . . and then after our bonus brother Nate made it safely threw too. . . . his pants were not so lucky. (it was a good game and great joke until channel five news reported to us that John Jones died and left a wife and soon to be two kids behind, and they are sealing off the caves with his dead body in it)

NATE MADE IT! I don't know what the deal is here Johnny!

Then there was ping-pong, beer pong. . . ninja, grab the bag with your teeth- (i think that is the official name of that game)- good game night.





Grandma and Grandpa came over for the actual eating part of thanksgiving. . . . The kids were forced to preform a talent show for them after dinner. Dang ol Whitney deiced she had 29 talents to show Grandma and Grandpa, when we all know they have no idea who whitney is (it is so sad to watch them get old)
She got out quilts she made, and then knitting, then she played the piano, and after that she asked them if they would like her to sing a hymn in Romanian, to witch Grandpa replied "just one verse". . . . . classic.

Max got out his Diggery-Doo and scared the two of them, Grandpa didn't know what to think.
Then he played an Australian song on the ukulele and RaVoe cried and cried.
Andie showed off her photography.
And I made everyone stand at the window and watch me back my car down the street. Then parallel park it. (just kidding, I played a song on the piano)
Grandma and Grandpa were so proud.





What else about the weekend? RaVoe peed her pants, her new pants. . . . just the once, but there was a close second the next night, we were all disappointed.

We did the pumpkin toss.

Gathered around Max as he let us in his circle of trust.

Andie and I took pictures of an apple tree.

I took my plate to the sink and washed it out, RaVoe was so proud.

Whit and I had a ton of craft time.

Dale and Dustin invited me bowling. . . Whitney came, always an adventure.

Whitney made me eat pencil shavings, and moldy cheese. . . .She was laughing the entire time.

Dallin and his hair stopped by.

RaVoe went shopping. Purple pants. enough said.

We analyzed our personality threw a series of tests. . . come to find out- I hate myself, and I'm depressed.

Met Ricky, Made fun of Ricky, Lied to Ricky.

(am I missing anything here whit?)
It was just good time. . . I usually get antsy to get back to Logan, but not this time.
And Saturday was good cause we celebrated he girls birthdays (me and my two sisters are born in November). . . . I asked my mother about this once and she said "We just love Valentines!" thanks for that mom! . . . . TMI))
We went to Taconos. . . with our bonus brother Nate. It was such. good. food. and the Riverwoods mall is dancing with lights right now, it was beautiful.

Shoot. It was a good time. Good thanksgiving. And as long as Whtiney didn't boss me around, and as long as Andie let me boss her around, it was a lot of fun.
Weird how holidays change as you get older. . ya know?

6 comments:

Whittron said...

I love that Ricky made the list!

Good post, good weekend!

Mrs. Schmalison said...

Grandpa's awesome.

RaVoe said...

It was my favorite Thanksgiving weekend of all time.I am blessed to have a loving husband and the 5 best kids Heaven had to offer. Throw in our bonus son and all or any neighborhood friends that stop by and it is always a Jolly Good time!


Really great post.

Riana Grace said...

Is that a napkin dangling from your toe?

Whittron said...

I think it really is a napkin.

also, you forgot that mom carved the butter into a turkey named courage.

McKayJoice said...

That and she forgot the stuffing.

yes, Napkin on my foot. I keep it there for emergencys.

Powered by Blogger.