We could read off in the distance this huge sign that read "Welcome to Hell Zoobies"
The doors open and we had to run, jump smash, force, our way into the spectrum. (no comma between 'jump' and 'smash' ha! thats funny "i had to jump smash" ha!)
Ahem, anywho. . . .
Once they had reach the capacity they shut the doors leaving hundreds and hundreds of fans smashed against the glass doors angry and yelling. . . .It was wonderful.
As the players all came running out and the crowd was seated and alive, the fans on the West side of the stadium began to unroll this gigantic banner, slowly. . . and it read "WE HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR YOU"
So funny. . oh man we were all so funny.
Other favorite signs. . (smaller signs)
"Cosmo has Crabs"
"BYU- keeping ugly girls out of USU since (whatever the year)"
"Coach Rose owes me gas money from last year!"
"Coach Rose's wife has a mustache"
(among many others)
It was Alive. . . such a great game. The Aggie fans were so united with their cheers and the crowd has never been so big. . . it was overwhelming and we got under their skin. . . poor air ball.
THEN- (and i have never seen this done in the spectrum, and i'm not sure if i will ever see it again) A minuet left to go in the game, we know we have won, and these two guys in the front row start this cheer. . (mind you the "cheerleaders" are not the ones that run the cheers, the front row boys do and they are WONDERFUL)
It was one of those where they yell something and we gotta yell something back. . . . These Two guys has the entire Spectrum captivated and listening to what they were yelling and we were yelling back. . . It was like girls camp with "Jay Jay Cool A" Times a million. . . and at the end of the chant we all just end up yelling "Winning Team, Loosing Team, Winning Team, Loosing Team" while violently, sharply, pointing fingers-In unison- to our teams bench and theirs. . . . . OH! it was so great, I have never felt more rude, more in power, more happy in all my life. . . together with all my great classmates at this blessed university cheering for our victory. . . .
. . Beautiful, it was beautiful. . . . and I feel like I could move from Logan now, I have come to do what I need to do, my dreams have been fulfilled here. Gotta leave on a high note right? like George Costanza.
(really I love Logan, and won't leave but you get the idea)
Sorry to all those who are fools enough to miss it, it was a day to tell the grand kids about.
Go Aggies.
2 comments:
I feel like I should just copy and paste this blog to mine. You perfectly described everything I felt.
Bravo.
Ha, just read this and realized why you told me to 'stop' when I got on my lose and loose pedestal the other day...
Post a Comment