There is this guy who is getting baptized in our ward, we talked a little about how cool he is, and the roommate who has been a big help to him in my meeting this morning.
SO, I feel like I gotta meet the kid, ya know, welcome him, be his friend, whateva . . . . .
We are at ward prayer and perfectly his roommate sits right next to me, he is on the other side. . . so being the idiot I am I decide to introduce myself right when they are giving the missionary moment, and it is all quiet. I lean over across his roommate (who i had been making small talk with) and said in a loud whisper "hey, hey . . . I'm McKay" and then smiled and looked at him.
He was giving me the weirdest look and said "what?"
"I'm McKay"
Again a blank look, i felt so awkward and didn't know what to do next.
Then his roommate turns to him and says "her name is McKay"
Light comes on
"Oh!" he leans to whisper to me "I thought you said 'I'm gay'"
Then i couldn't help it I laughed and laughed, what a crazy thing for a member to say to someone who has committed to baptism. . . poor guy no wonder he looked to awkward.
So my plan is to avoid the kid, hope he leaves our ward, can't handle the awkwardness.
2 comments:
Good plan.
I was introduced to him right after.. so many possibilities of what to say were running through my head. Now that I've heard your story, I'm really glad I decided against the "I'm gay" approach.
Post a Comment