Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Satisfy your thirst

I was sitting at Hastings today, with my favorite orange scarf, browsing the inter-web and taking in the murky fall day.

(Hastings from 6-8 is happy hour 2 drinks for the price of one. I LOVE warm drinks, best part of winter)



An old grandpa came in with, who i assume was his granddaughter, a cute 2-year-old red head.

He was buying a latte for his wife. "she always gets the small, but it's a cold day so i thought i would get her the medium."

Then he asked the little girl he was holding if she wanted a drink, then got her a small cup of water. . . and as he gave it to her he asked "do you think that will satisfy your thirst?"
And she nodded and drank the water.

It was so tender to watch this big rough guy deal with this little red-headed girl.
I loved that he used the word "satisfy" and "thirst" does she understand those words?

I find kids so interesting. . . how they learn, and how they are so little, then grow and then are big. . . I bet that little girl will never ask the question "what does the word thirst mean?" . . . one day she will just understand it from listening to her grandpa.

Just is interesting to me.

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.