Friday, September 11, 2009

OH SUGAR!


About 20 miles west of Logan is a town called Temonton, And right by Tremonton is Cutler dam. . and coming out of Cutler dam is a very deep, very fast moving canal, about as wide as a single lane road. . . And because of the history there it is illegal to swim in it. . Too many people getting hurt. .

So you just have to float it at night so you don't get caught.

So guess what i just got back from doing?
-WHY haven't i been doing this all summer? OH, I know, because I worked GRAVES at mooch's.

You drive your car across this rickety old bridge, and then up some dirt road switch backs.
Park the car and strap on your life jacket and start hiking. . . There is tons of power lines that are humming in the night, and you cross theses cement bridges and climbing up metal steps, until you are almost at the mouth of the dam.

There is no graceful way to do it, the water is moving too swift and it is too deep so you all stand on this cement wall and together you jump. The cool water wakes you right up.

Then as you float there are these low bridges, you have to watch your head because the beams are moving at you fast. At one point there is just poles across the canal and we where all jumping up trying to do the monkey bars. I would just grab on the bars and get laughing so hard I'd fall off.

So great, such a good, cold night. . . Cutler, where have you been all my life?

5 comments:

Whittron said...

sounds horrible. cutler sounds like a death trap.

Hayley said...

oh, sugar. such a good night. totally worth the pneumonia.

Mrs. Schmalison said...

I need your email address I have something I made for you and I want to send it to you. You can send your email to me at alisonmoreno@gmail.com

Brett Z said...

CUTLER! I effing love it.

Savannah and Braden said...

Mckay, your posts make me very happy. you are so stinking happy it's just short of making me ill. :) JK! I am really so glad you are loving life in Logan and you don't regret moving here anymore! :) can we talk soon? thanks.

Powered by Blogger.