Friday, September 18, 2009

Must I apologize for the best dance moves ever?

Remember how last year he came to USU? or remember how I thought i was so cool for memorizing one of his poems? Anis came back to USU and played outside in the amphitheater.

He was wonderful, the weather was perfect, And I completely fell in love with the elephants.

After the show, after the crowed died down, We danced. . I danced with the elephants. I was dancing with Anis Mojgani.
"Jo is this real? is this happening?"
"I don't know! just keep dancing!"


After we went to eat, I drank out of the same straw as Anis. . It was so great to watch them joke around, and talk about the show, and other shows, and the pins on buddy's hat, and the keys to being a shark not a dolphin.

"you wanta be a man?! Hold your coffee with ONE hand! Don't use the handle! now use the other hand to punch yourself in the crotch!"

-what? . . yeah i don't know, I just sat there like a little kid soaking it all in, it was so fun to be around them.
Derrick Brown and Robbie Telfer both said i had"F-ing amazing dance moves". . . Made my millennium. (never has the F-word made me happy)


I loved the poetry, the passion they have for the things they talk about. The way they can describe Love, the way they will make fun of themselves, or the way they can tell me things I knew before but see it in a little different light.


It makes me want to write more, and gain courage to share the things I write.



The Only people important in this picture are -ME (i edited the picture if you can't tell) Anis Mojgani (in red) Shira Erlichman (Gal with the green bennie) Derrick Brown (next to me in the black hat) And Robbie Telfer in the glasses and stripes.

Buddy Wakefield is not in this shot Jo was driving him back to the hotel (he is the only laying on the barstool above)

Perfect day, didn't feel real, at one point Buddy said "good to be here, surrounded by God" . . he was right, the amphitheater was glowing in the sunset, and the great old trees on old main.

Such a good night, such a good year.

2 comments:

Juje said...

That video made me laugh in the library. People stared.

Whittron said...

they made me so happy too! I feel like a better person because of this night!

the bare naked lady impressions were my fave.

Powered by Blogger.