Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Live my life by the Moon


I met Lynn at mooch's late at night She is quite the character, and last sunday I went with her to watch the Moon. She is crazy about the moon and the stars, she will sit for hours watching them.

I quoted Nelly Furtado to her "I live my life by the moon, if it's high- play it low, if it's harvest-go slow, and if it's full then go!"

She loved that, she is such a hippie after we went to her place and she showed me the van she lived in for 11 years in Moab. . . Great Van 1977 Ford, 4 wheel drive. . . . great old van. And everything she touches is tie-dyed. She kept making jokes and then would laugh and laugh at herself. . . . . She was real nervous about me taking her picture by her van, and i don't feel like this picture does her justice, She showed me old pictures of herself, when she was young and hippie, with long hair . . . . so cool, Who lives in a Van for 11 years in Moab? Lynn does!
It made me want to braid my hair and run naked.

She lives in little Logan now, 66 years old, she moved here because her best friend lived here, but she is dead now. . . So she is alone, holding on to the hope that she can still drive for another year. . (her hands hurt and cramp up)

It was a nice way to spend a Sunday night. It will be great to be old, living by myself cause my husband died or i never married, my best friend is the neighbors cat and I stay inside and write on post-it-notes and worry about what hat to wear that day.

I'm going to be a great old lady.

Another good thing about Sunday:
I was at wallmart and for supper cheap I found the 'The Iron Giant' on DVD. . . the gnomes all watched it after our sit-down dinner. . . I love Hogarth, I love that movie, so simple, so cute.

1 comments:

Savannah and Braden said...

this is a sweet story. i wish i had my own old lady hippie to hang out with.

Powered by Blogger.