Friday, August 21, 2009

City Lights.


Iron and wine was a pure treat. I ran in to some great old friends, (Ok ikumi, Dallin, Ali and this old friend Mike who called me Nichole, but it's ok, it was good to see him) it is always good to reminisce.


But really there was SO many people, and they just kept coming and coming. We had a great spot when Sam started singing. But after the first 2? songs. . . I had had enough of the crowd, and I couldn't see unless I laid my head on willy's shoulder.

So I left to find a spot where I could be out of the way, watch the people and hear the music.

For the most part I like crowds, and I like being a lone wolf in a crowd. But the Galivan center was packed, there was not one spot of curb or flower bed railing or grass that I could sit on. Everywhere I was fighting crowds, drunk crowds. . . . .so
I left my friends and I left the Galivan center and found a spot on the streets of Salt Lake to sit.




















Now there are a few times in my life that I would say were magic, and this would be one of those moments.

As I sat there, with the city lights around me, I could still hear the concert, Sam was singing Sodom, south Georiga. . . .and his soft voice was echoing off the tall buildings around me. . It was almost like I was no longer part of this world, taking away for a moment in music and movement.


Great Night. Great song.

I would love to live in a city, even if just for a year.

4 comments:

Bethany said...

I wish I had known that you were there! I would have gladly left the horrid crowd with you. I couldn't even believe how many people were there!

Whittron said...

hey who took that picture?

McKayJoice said...

what picture?

Rhiannon said...

Awe! FUN! Wish I coulda been there to join you fun people!

Powered by Blogger.