Sunday, July 12, 2009

"The landslide brought me down."

Little Logan made the big time news. . . Did ya hear?


Yesterday at about Noon, the canal broke and flooded out the Island, a home was completely taken out and they have yet to find three people who lived in the house. .

I guess they announced early today that it was no longer a search and rescue mission but a "body search". . . kinda sad.

Jo and Rhoads and went down to help out, grabbed shovels, Jo was made a team leader. I was talking to Cody and he went down and helped out too.



So late last night we all piled into Dave's 4-runner (all 7 of us) And drove down to take a better look.

Everything was taped off, the channel 5 chopper had been there, Fox 13, channel 2 all had vans out there. . .it was kinda a big deal.

(picture from the car- police lights, car full of people Hayley giggling in my ear it is the best picture i could take in the situation)

A friend of the boys called at the end of the night, he needed a place to stay. He will be bunking with Dan I guess. (lucky) His house was the one right next to the one that was destroyed. I guess his basement is packed with mud, the first floor is under a foot of mud and water, and Adam lives on the 2nd floor but wasn't allowed back in the house until it is safe.

How crazy not to know if you have lost everything you own.

And it was even crazier to hear his story of him IN his house looking out the window and seeing this massive landslide coming towards him, running to his truck with no time to think and leaving. .

Can you imagine how the adrenaline would just be racing through your veins?

So much for being the safest city in the US (or something like that)


And you know- I might be singing a different tune if i knew someone who had been hurt, or if it was my house that was destroyed. . . .but i love massive disasters, i love a crazy freak out, i love when communities come together. . . . so great.

I wish i could have gotten video of the slide. . . how much do you think Fox 13 would pay for that?. . . doesn't matter, I'd sale it to Channel 5 anyway.

2 comments:

the Ortons 9 said...

You're kind of a Sadist aren't you?

McKayJoice said...

maybe a little, but who isn't?

Powered by Blogger.