Saturday, June 13, 2009

When i get older, I will be stronger.















I've never run in a race before, I've never thought running was fun before.

That bus ride up to our starting point was the scariest thing I've ever experienced. Did i do that? really 10k? . . . crazy!

I have a problem being competitive, I was scared that i would have to beat everyone, and kill myself.
Then I was glad that I found a old couple that set a good pace.
On the back of his shirt it read "power in numbers" and that was it- we were family, running together. . . all in this running together. The rain was just enough to be a cool mist, it was perfect.

And the people cheering on the sides were amazing, I have never feel in love with people so quickly in my life. I wanted to cry as they cheered for me. I couldn't have done it with out them, them and Enrique, Enrique ran me in, it felt so good. My body is awesome, Bear Lake is awesome, Spandex is awesome,French braids are awesome, Cabins with bunk beds and 4-wheelers are awesome.

I love my Gnomes, I love that we all did this together, all nervous, all excited, all so happy at the finish line, cheering each other on.

3 comments:

Juje said...

I think you only getting 4 hours of sleep was awesome.

Whittron said...

did you cry at all at the finish line? i teared up a little after my first 5K!

Savannah and Braden said...

You pull of the spanks so well! I could never pull those off! Should I do a full marathon in August? I'm still recovering from last Sat! But people keep asking me- why can't a half marathon be good enough for you people?? thanks Mckay, for being proud of me and not expecting me climb Mt. Kilimanjaro. love your guts.
PS- I'm proud of you too. We kick A.

Powered by Blogger.