Thursday, October 2, 2008

It's been a three-post kind of day.

Look what Rowdy found. . . . . .
































I found one about four years ago when i went bug hunting in Mexico. . . but the one i found was dead floating in a pool of water and had a different hue of orange brown . . . . . it didn't pin very well. Also my neighbor caught one once, but it was dead and quite mangled.

So it was crazy for me to see one alive.

It's a Jerusalem Cricket.

I've been playing with him anytime i find I'm in my room.
It just rekindles my love for insects. Such an amazing part of this little earth we are a part of.

I love when people find bugs they bring them to me. . . I just love it.

Lucky for me the little guy doesn't strideulate and keep me up all night.
But i would like to hear he sound he makes.

We named him Muhammad.

4 comments:

Whittron said...

We found one of these camping a few weekends ago. He was running straight for the fire, so we threw him in. Then made sure the tent was zipped securely the rest of the trip, so we wouldn't find one crawling on us in the middle of the night.

It scared the crap out of us.

Jack Clinton Raymond II said...

so cool...

Rowdy said...

it creeps me out

Mark said...

McKay, I thnk it looks like Japanamation... In a non insulting way of course!

Powered by Blogger.