So i asked my table of eight "are you guys headed up to the game?"
And the Man replied "Ha! no! ha, we decided to eat instead! ha ha!"
-Excuse me sir but you are confusing the hell out of me.
So i just gave him a "him hmm huumm" laugh with my lips pressed together and my head slightly thrown back. and then asked him what he wanted to drink.
What a great day to work! what a great day to be alive!
Another table the old man said to me after i asked him how his fish was -"you are a great cook!"
And for a second i was like (in my head) "yes, yes i am"
I was amazing tonight, they ALL loved me.
The back room was buzzing with cooks and servers and sarcasm and Chinese and Spanish. . . oh! the Spanish. . I was getting my salad plates and Oscar was right next to me, i looked at him and smiled and said "these plates are hot!" . . . the look on his 50-year-old face was priceless, you would think he just won a goldfish at a carnival. . . . . and he said with a his finger pointed up "it come right up!". . . and i just couldn't help but laugh right out loud at his broken English and happy face. . . and he started laughing to join me and there we were in the middle of the crazy kitchen laughing.
The songs that were sung by the servers today-
CSS-music is my boyfriend
U2-One
Chitty chitty bang bang and robin hood (whistled by wanye the cook)
To the window!. . to the wall!
Ticket to ride
Let it be
human league- Don't you want me baby
My girl
Temptations-buttercup
Jefferson Airplane- don't you want somebody to love?
I was swatted in the butt with a serving try, whipped with a kitchen towel (three times), scared with a box of pickles, startled by my boss jumping around the corner and popping plastic wrap in my face, was a subject of a server showing off their "matrix moves" to others. And if it wasn't for the french fries i had recently shoved in my mouth, miles would have kissed me.
I ran from kylee in the dark upper floors, explored a dark abnormally large closet. . .and dished up 42 vanilla ice creams. . . no wait! 43.
I love my job.
3 comments:
I can't wait to come and eat at the famous Blue Bird and have you wait one me. Do I get the grand tour...upstairs and all?
if you are lucky.
why are the servers singing?
Post a Comment