My mind has become tetris. . . everything i see i try to piece together without spaces in between.
My books on my shelf, the plates on the table at the bluebird, my car on the road. . . . sometimes other people.
I can not even begin to tell you how much time i have invested in the game. . .I have sat in one seat with out moving for eight hours playing. .. . and just this last two weeks i have been up till 3 and 5am multipule nights playing. And not just for the past months. . i have been playing for years, off and on. . . . . I can remember staying up with Joe till 7am back in 2005
I don't consider myself a gamer. I know i am getting smarter by playing.
But Yesterday. . . The Sixth Day of July Two-thousand and eight. . . I mastered the game, and after a game of ultra with a time of 1:05 i was ranked a 30.
(this is the highest ranking of the game)
Joy unspeakable flowed into my heart like i had never felt before (next fast and testimony meeting i will include this entire story and bear a tetrimony)
I always told my roomies that i would marry anyone who was ranked a 30. . no questions asked.
And now that I have reached this status I feel like the world is my oyster. . ..(what does that even mean? where does that come from? oyster?) i am embarrassed that i used that.
I'm adding this to my resume.
3 comments:
What a true underdog story. Will there be a movie?
I like how you sometimes see other people as Tetris pieces. That reminds me of that line from the song Such Great Heights:
"I have to speculate that God himself did make us into corresponding shapes like puzzle pieces from the clay."
Good luck. Some people are really hard to fit together! You have to consider all those height and weight ratios...so much more confusing than Tetris pieces. Keep at it!
I remember battling you on tetris back in the day and you were quite good back then. I wouldn't even pick up a paddle in front of you now ha ha
Good job McKay for reaching your ultimate goal!
Post a Comment