I was out on a delivery today going to Nuskin with a car full of boxes. . and i saw on the sidewalk, (in the wind mind you) a man walking and reading a book. . . trying to hold down the pages as he pressed his way threw the wind.
I'm sorry, but have you ever tried to read and walk at the same time?
Ok, also. . i saw a lady at the rec center the other day when i went to go run. . she too was running on a treadmill, and was reading. . . reading and running! . . . Sorry mam, you are an idiot.
Yes, i am enjoying running a little more now a days and it even is more comfortable for me to run and not think too much that i am running. . . . But reading? Sorry, it is imposable to do, you might be able to read a few sentences. . and maybe, MAYBE a paragraph. . . but to attempt to read for understanding, or to fill your head with ideas while your running?with distractions all around you? . . i can barely see what song is on my crappy ol MP3 player when i want to.
I know that these people are faking it, for lame reasons unknown, merely trying to look cool, and i can't stand them.
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Kaylene runs and listens to audio books on her ipod. Do you think that is lame too?
thats not reading and running. . . it's running and listening. . . big diffrence.
Oh McKay I am glad you found me and I am glad you brought this up because I couldn't agree with you more. Every morning my mom would get on the treadmill and read her scriptures (none the less). I however have tried reading whilest running and it is nearly impossible. My body is bouncing up and down and my eyes can barely focus on one word during that movement. I get motion sick and frustrated when I try to read while jogging. That is why I instead, listen angry music on my ipod to motivate me to force my lazy body to run!
Post a Comment