Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter is in the air, the trees are in full bloom, and it feels like the first time I've really noticed how lovely they are, Ty had on his Easter poka-dots cuff links, old ladies put on fancy hats, the homeless man on south temple was informing all the church go-ers of the right spots to park in, afraid they would all get tickets.  .

And everyone in the city went to church, even when the topic was brought up at work last night all the hoodlums were talking about going because "it had been a while" or "my Mom is making me"

And not only does the city have this great diverse selection of food, entertainment, cultures and people, religion is running wild here. And it has been on my to-do list for a while to visit one or two of them.

So, today at 8AM- Ty and I went walked down to the Cathedral of the Madeline for Catholic mass.
Knelt, Stood, Stood and Knelt, showered in holy water, sang.

At 9AM we joined the Presbyterian Church
With full choir, a little band, a kid's choir, and a section of trumpets.


By 11AM I ad recruited the up-stairs gals, and we went to The First Baptist Church.
Can I get and AMEN? . . AMEN!
Not as much dancing as I would have hoped for, but the people there were so good to us.
Coffee and Cookies after the sermon in the mingle room!
"What's your name?"
"Whatdaya got in that bird cage?"
"I hope to see you again"


And I was still 20 min or so early for my Sacrament meeting. .
So we sat and listened to the musical numbers rehearse.
Ty recruited his violinist buddy to come play, Ty and him did an amazing little piano/violin duet.
The entire room was captivated, it may be the best musical number I've ever heard in church.

It made for a brilliant Easter Day, everyone seemed to be in a great mood, spring has sprung, I live in Salt Lake and music was filling the colorful streets.

Can I get an ALLELUIA?  . . .  ALLELUIA!!

1 comments:

Jen said...

Have I told you that you inspire me on a regular basis... if I haven't.. You inspire me on a regular basis!

Powered by Blogger.